DIY Pillows


After the hubby and I refinished those chairs for my kitchen table (check them out here), I have been wanting to update and lighten things up with all of my other furniture and things. It's been a long and slow process, but we are getting there! (I say we because my hubby is my number 1 helper.. he does most of the hard work and even the sewing!) The first thing we did was update the pillows on our couches! I went to Ikea and got a few of their 20x20 pillow inserts and then went around to various craft stores looking for the right fabrics and once they were decided we started sewing some covers! Ok so the hubby did most of the sewing.. (he is a lot better at sewing than I am..) he did teach me how to sew with these pillows tho! 
Pillow #1

So I gave it a try! It wasn't too bad! Just straight lines (maybe not so straight after I was done..)


But it looks pretty good, if I say so myself! 

Pillow #2

Pillow #3

I think they ended up looking pretty good! I love my new pillows! And they are the really soft and comfy ones too! So perfect and super easy to make! :) I found various patterns on Pinterest, just find the simplest one and you can't go wrong! We basically just had one long piece of fabric and measured and folded it how we wanted it (with it overlapping in the back a good 3-4 inches) and then just started sewing! 


Comments

  1. These look great! I love that your husband can sew. Dan would never let me teach him haha. He can do stitches though, and that's kind of like sewing! Also, I made some bright pillow covers a few months ago and it has helped brighten our apartment up, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I love that my hubby can sew too! He is way better at it than I am, that's for sure!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts