Thanksgiving Burlap Banner



Thanksgiving is almost here and what better way to decorate for it than another burlap banner!! Sorry, but I'm just kind of obsessed with these! I love the way they look and they are so so easy and quick to make!!

So first things first... What you will need:

1) Colored burlap rolls (I chose yellow and green... To mix it up a bit!)
2) Letter stencils
3) acrylic paint (I used a light tan color, I didn't want the harshness of white)
4) yarn or twine
5) hot glue gun

But wait! Before you begin, make sure you have a fun show to watch/listen to while making your banner... It just makes crafting more fun! I made my banner back in October, so naturally I had to watch a Halloween movie! And of course I chose to watch Disney's Halloweentown! (Check out my post on my Favorite Halloween Traditions to understand why!) 



Ok, now that you have a fun show to watch, get crafting! :)

After you have picked which color(s) of burlap you are using, cut your burlap into the desired sizes you want your pennants.  As so eloquently shown below! ;)

Then paint away! 
Maybe pause every once in awhile and get distracted by the awesome show you are watching. 

After the paint is all dry, now you can use the hot glue gun and glue the yarn or twine onto the back of the pennants and burn your fingers!



And there you have it!! Woohoo! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! 


Now time to decorate for Christmas! ;) 

Love, Kaylin




Comments

  1. CUUUTE! I love it over your couch there. You are so creative! And your house is always so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you so much Chelsea! You are too kind! YOU are the creative one. I LOVE all that you do on your blog and with your cute little kiddos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts