Halloween Burlap Banner

So I LOVED my Merry Christmas burlap banner that I made last year (to check that one out, click here), and it was such a hit on the blog that I decided to make a "Happy Halloween Burlap Banner"! It's quick, easy, and super affordable to make!


What you will need:
1) Orange Burlap Roll
2) Letter Stencils
3) Acrylic Paint (white and black)
4) Yarn or twine
5) Hot glue gun
 


First step is making the pennants. Cut the burlap into the shape and size you want the pennants to be. This time I cut mine skinnier than I did for the Christmas banner. Just to change it up a little bit! I know, crazy right?! 

 After all the pieces were cut and ready, I stenciled the letters on with the acrylic paint, alternating
with black and white.


Then once all the letters were dry, I turned them over and hot glued a long string of black yarn to the backs. (I gave a couple millimeter space in-between each burlap piece.) I also did "Happy" on one string of yarn and "Halloween" on another. Side note: When gluing the yarn on, make sure to start from the last letter in the word and make your way to the first.. so your words wont be spelled backwards... ;)


And voilà!! A burlap Halloween banner! 
So easy and super quick to make! I think I watched an episode or two of Gilmore Girls while I made it. (anyone else been binge watching that show since it got put up on Netflix?!?! Because I sure have!!! :D) The best of both worlds.. Got to watch one of my favorite shows AND make a cute, fun Halloween decoration while doing it!! Love it! :D 
 
Hobby Lobby was having a sale on all their burlap rolls a couple weeks back.. all of it for 50% off!! WOOHOO!! So I grabbed a couple colors to make burlap banners for other holidays, because I loved my Christmas one so much! So stay tuned for more fun holiday crafts and projects!

                                                                
 
 I just LOVE this time of year!! :D












Comments

Popular Posts